This web site is dedicated to collecting
information about the life and enterprises of Archie M. Andrews.
We have put together this site as a place to gather up as much information
as possible about Archie M. Andrews. If you have anything to contribute,
or any suggestions, please contact us at
email@example.com. We'd greatly appreciate your contributions.
- See a collection of Packard Lektro Shaver advertisements here <09/02/2014)
- I've started a page about The Deodars, the Andrews' residence in Altadena, CA. Not
much there yet; if you've got anything about, please let me know. (05/25/2013)
- Check out this letter
from one A. M. Andrews of Chicago to
the Coast Guard, thanking them for rescuing the yacht Nancy Alice
from a sand bar in 1915, recorded in the 1915 Annual Report of The United States
Coast Guard. Considering that Andrews' mother's name was Alice, it seems likely
that this was an AMA yacht. Now we've got another Andrews' yacht to track down!
- I've started a page to keep track of interesting
dead-ends and false leads.
- I've started a timeline of AMA's life events that I plan hang every event I come upon.
It's barely begun at this time; please let me know what you've got to add.
Here are some items we're currently searching for:
- We still don't have a lot of information about the Zahma beyond its purchase.
We'd like any additional information you might have about the Zahma.
- We have even less information about the Sachem, other than it was a
"beautiful 84-foot gasoline boat on the east coast"
(California Life, Nov. 6, 1920) which A. M. Andrews
purchased around February, 1919 (New York Times, Feb. 9,
1919). If you have any other info, please let us know.
last updated 09/02/2014